Friday, August 04, 2006

My first WoW addon: PoisonPouch

I wanted to learn a bit more about how to code addons for WoW, and when I got increasingly annoyed by the tedious process of applying poisons to my weapons I thought a little addon helping with that would be a nice starting point.

So I checked for similar addons (trinket menu, rogue tracker etc), tried to learn from them and assembled my own little weapon buff addon that I called PoisonPouch.

I uploaded it to curse-gaming today. Get it here if you want and give me your feedback. I tried to do a localization for french and german clients but I couldn't test them yet so any input on that is welcome.

If you have any suggestions, feature requests, bug reports or other comments, let me hear them.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice addon <3

Thursday, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm used to use an other addon a little similar: Weapon's Rebuff (http://www.curse-gaming.com/fr/wow/addons-3711-1-weaponrebuff-redux2.html)

Anyway, your addon seems to be nice and I wanna give it a try. When I'll do it, I'll tell you if it works for french version (yeah, I'm french :D)

Ulric, rogue (60) - [EU]Garona

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this addon.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autobar does it alraedy, but this one looks cooler as it allows me to use all my poisons easily :)
Nice one!

Monday, August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love it !

Monday, September 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this addon on curse gaming about two weeks ago. Its seriously been the biggest help. you have no idea. thank you.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, it's a brilliant addon. I do hope you will update for the new patch 2.x whatever it is as I miss it dearly. I have looked at the code but I need to do some serious reading and experimenting before I can touch your code.
Once again thank you

Friday, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you update this for 2.0

I am trying a similar addon at the moment, but PoisonPouch is top dawg!

Saturday, December 09, 2006  
Blogger lithander said...

Its updated for WoW 2.0 now.

Get it here: http://wow.curse-gaming.com/en/files/details/3588/poisonpouch/

I had to change a lot of code so tell me of any bugs you encounter.^^

Saturday, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you are a real superstar.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is the best poison buff addon bar none. Love the Smart Rebuff.

Thanks again :)

André
( Secretone )

Sunday, December 10, 2006  
Blogger Pawan said...

HA! It's you who created this mod? Excellent. I've been using this for a very long time now and I love it!! Glad I found u while trolling through blogs. Thank you very much.

70 UD Rogue (Blackrock)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home